Work & Travel in Buenos Aires

The Republic of Argentina has bilateral agreements with 11 countries that allow Buenos Aires and Argentina as a destination for a unique work and travel experience or gap year. If you’re a citizen of Australia, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Portugal or Sweden, check the requirements to get your working holiday visa. You can choose to go it alone, or use the services of a work and travel agency, which will help you in the process.


Choose your country of origin and check the requirements to get your Work and Travel visa. You need to get the visa before you travel.







New Zealand






Get your CUIL

CUIL stands for Código Único de Identificación Laboral. It’s a unique identification number that everyone needs in order to work legally in Argentina. You should go to an ANSES (Administración Nacional de la Seguridad Social) office at Avenida Córdoba number 1118 (the location's marked on the work and travel map)

Free bank account for temporary residents

Banco Ciudad de Buenos Aires will provide you with a free account, known as a caja de ahorros.

To open it, you should take your passport to Banco Ciudad branch number 52, located just steps from the Plaza de Mayo (Av. Presidente Roque Saenz Peña 541) and ask for a “caja de ahorros gratuita.”

Your first CV

To start looking for work, we suggest creating a CV/résumé and uploading it at the sites listed Here